The Byre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Byre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should occasionally check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th April 2014.
What Information is collected
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information gathered
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails and communications about new exhibitions, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by any of the contact channels you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is as secure as possible. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, therefore any information you provide will be at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes.
The following links offer more information about the cookies we may use:
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling monitoring of which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, please see the ICO link below:
If you chose to decline cookies, it may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites and third parties' privacy and cookie policies
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed for us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Elaine Dye, The Byre, Hounster Hill, Millbrook, Cornwall PL10 1AJ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.